Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 June 2009

I have found a guru

Walking to college this morning I was thinking about the Zen koan dealing with non-attachment. I started thinking that being attached to something strongly [maybe solely] related to how much one worries about said thing. I mentioned it to Brian when I got into the office:
Mairtin: it occured to me this morning
zen preaches the idea of non-attachment
Brian: ...naturally
Mairtin: and I had not thought of it before but worrying about something is nearly the definition of attachment
..
it sounded more profound in my head
Brian: LOL
{...}
Brian: [nods sagely, and looks on peacefully]
Mairtin: the corrollory is you never hear of zen millionaire hermits or CEOs...
Brian: true, but a zen man cares not for these things, i am content with a sunset or the sound of the wind

The man blew my mind with his response. Worthy words indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment