Search This Blog

Friday 26 December 2008

Christmas thoughts

Fun with Siblings
Got home. Baby sister was in the car when we were collected from town. I asked her,"Who am I?" and she answered,"I'm Molly!" How adorable, the princess thinks that the first person pronoun is reserved for her. In vengeance, I reminded her at every opportunity that Deirdre was my mother first ["My Mammy"], at times clutching her leg when Molly could see. It got to her more than the it did to Carthach when he was that age :) [it is the simple pleasures in life]... she got wise and started talking about "My Daddy" - checkmate.

It shows I am special, just like everyone else [on the list]
I'm torn over how guilty I should feel at annoyance by en-masse-Christmas-well-wishing. With cards, my name would have been written, maybe a personalised message. [scrunches face as visual indication of internal conflict].
They did go to the effort of setting it up and sending it to a list of people they thought deserved it [depending on the fraction of total contacts on the list]. Can they be blamed for the favouring the popular medium of communication? As I said,"torn."

Not just for Christmas
My brother got a puppy. He is rather shocked at how much work and how needy it is... ads regarding continued existence of young canines post-yule need to be rerun.

No comments:

Post a Comment