Search This Blog

Thursday 16 October 2008

Sweet dreams are made of these...

Last night I had a cinematic dream. So to avoid forgetting it completely, I am going to commit it to record...
====================================================================
The dream was all about The Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles (I probably had it because there was no episode this week).

The gang [sans Cameron] are on the run from an established Skynet's army, and are briefly holed-up in a militia base. But shock and horror, an AI Fiend, with wave after wave of terminators in tow, tracks them down. Things were looking bad, so John Connor's mother makes a dramatic last stand, while he and his uncle escape.
[Scene missing]
Years go by and JC has set up a utopian society. The mother turns up, apparently escaping death at the hands of the AI Fiend. There are some cliché tear filled reunions, whoops of joy, etc. But that does not last for long...
By killing a minor character, Sarah Connor shows herself to be a terminator all skinned up, bent on killing JC & Co. The uncle tries to destroy the Sarah Connor-bot (SCb) with a badass laser bazooka. In that frustrating way that fast and tough-as-nails evil robots do things, SCb dodges the puny human's shots and smashes the bazooka. Getting ready to tear Mr. Reese to pieces, Cameron finally shows up, beats the crap out of SCb and dismantles her lickity-split.

Then I woke up.

...Talk about Deus Ex Machina, my subconscious is such a hack :(
====================================================================
It is worth noting that this is not a fan fiction- it occurs to me the similarities between this and such a deplorable writing genre are shocking- because it was a dream, not something I came up with by design. Despite my clarification, I feel a bit unclean having written the above paragraphs.
====================================================================
A fun dream to have, no doubt, but not my favourite one.
At number 2 [that voice used in countdowns]:

I teamed up with a recently one-armed Crocodile Dundee, Don Cheadle [as himself] and the Rock made a rag-tag team to get the missing "x" from my material balance in an Aztec temple. Lesley Nielsen and a gang of cockney thugs are the villains doggedly thwarting us, in a bumbling and amusing fashion.

At number 1:

Armed with nothing more than a katana, I stormed a flying fortress manned by an army of ninjas. Words fail to describe its awesomeness. [It reminds me a lot of the xkcd strip starring Janeane Garofalo]


[Edit: Kevin pointed me to the relevant meme depicting the hierarchy of nerds and geeks and why treading near fan fiction scares me so:
http://www.brunching.com/images/geekchartbig.gif

...I am relieved that at least I don't feature in my dream...
]

No comments:

Post a Comment