Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 October 2008

It's f*ckin' Alive!!

In the past few weeks much time has been spent with the PC project... going nowhere.

On Sunday, all that changed [Cue heavy atmospherics]. Got a 32bit XP disk ,installed it over the failed 64bit XP. Bye-bye half-assed install with the incorrect product key attached to it. [Damn tech shafted me].

So XP was bright and shiney and I figured I'd install the X64 over that. Put in the appropriate disc... Nothing happened. Well that is not accurate, XP 32bit booted up. I figured, "meh,I'll do it tomorrow."

Since then, I have decided XP is not needed. I set the BIOS in AHCI mode [XP will not boot without a F6 install to add the driver], kubuntu was ready in shortly after. One hiccup: the ethernet card is not recognised. But in a week's time the next version of Ubuntu coming out all will be well.
============================================================================

Recently, I overheard two guys:
Guy1:"Blah, blah, blah [I have lots of time, you are in a hurry]. You f*ck on ahead to the house"

"F*ck on ahead"... I would like to say that I am outraged, but I am more amazed. Casual replacement of a verb with a curse word. Not used in a heated moment, but with as much inflection as "go".

It reminded me of a date I was on with an American girl, where I f-ed and blinded my way through part of our conversation. I was apologetic when she pointed this out, but she said it did not sound like cursing.

People like to talk about how gifted the Irish are in poetry and prose, it is often neglected to mention how much we enjoy using taboo words mundanely.

No comments:

Post a Comment