Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 May 2009

I love your homage



I was out with the research group and our supervisor last night, good food in the Bridge off of Grand Canal Dock. I had the chowder for starter, roast pork belly for main and fig tart with chocolate ice-cream. Hungxun- our new postdoc- had lamb on the other side of the table to me, which I regret not going for.

We went on to Keoghs, off Grafton st. Sitting down "chilling" with my peeps, this nod to xkcd came to me:


The mean free path for a particle system is the average distance travelled by a particle between successive particle-particle impacts. It is easy to see how this transfers to women conversation...

[Edit: Jess observed that the girls in the little homage I did were not quirky or nerdy enough to match Mr Munroe's work. As such I pondered on alterations. I am loath to modify work that has been done. So if you want to see a possibly more accurate mimicry of an xkcd strip look here. If only I had consulted her before my first effort!]

No comments:

Post a Comment