Search This Blog

Friday 5 September 2008

Salsa and Middlethon

Went to Salsa last night in the Garda Club, for the first time in over a year- opted for beginner's class to avoid any embarrassment.

It was oodles of fun. The class reminded me a lot of kung fu class, phrases like "blocking" were used and there were many apparently complicated hand motions going around. My dancing was generally well received :)

I was somewhat horrified when there turned out to be more men than women at the class- it is the first time it has probably ever happened in the history of Salsa classes- it could be a portent of a coming apocalypse...

Preparing for my Middlethon tomorrow. Going to cook dinner for the "peeps" coming over. Looking up a recipe for noodle soup at the moment, it is kinda like I am Po from Kung Fu Panda.... Only in reverse and I am not a useless anthropomorphised cuddly evolutionary dead end (it is more I have a problem with Pandas as opposed to Pandas portrayed by Jack Black)

No comments:

Post a Comment