Search This Blog

Saturday 13 September 2008

Computer building and Clichés (Continued)

Due to some hiccups regarding conference registration, I was in college much later than expected. It followed that I started building the PC later, of course in my typically blind optimism I expected I could put it together and still make training. 80 minutes later, having put in the motherboard, 600W PSU, CPU and RAM chips, there was no chance I was going to make it..

Have to stop writing- fire alarm in the engineering block...

Fire alarm stopped... Either it was a drill , false alarm or the fire finally got to the alarm system circuitry.

Where was I....

Another hour of head scratching, manual rereading all the pieces I had for my PC were in it...
The next step was to hook up the monitor to its appropriate port. Some more head scratching and manual rereading and visual inspection showed I was lacking such a port. Next stop is procuring a video card- I am such a n00b :(

Regarding clichés
Sci-Fi

Were I in a space ship meeting or facing of against people in another space ship I would orientate my ship to 7 Degrees off of their verticle, I bet it would really irritate them!

The flavour of the week group of helpless people/under dog rebels etc that encountered our heroes in the tv series would not be led by a a strong yet attractive women who cannot but help fall for our main hero. Maybe it would be some kind of eunich to avoid the lead heroine falling for him, or any kind of kindred spirit for the supporting characters who may be the momentary spotlight of the episode.

When X gets a message about Y from their past being dead- Y better be dead.

1 comment:

  1. It would be just like you to boldly proclaim:
    "Though we may die here today, we will be able to rest assured in the knowledge that we did our best. That we strove against unassailable odds. That we fought the good fight to the bitter end! And that we totally pissed them off in the process! Helm: Seven degrees mastward!!!"

    Also, I may steal your eunuch idea.

    ReplyDelete