Search This Blog

Friday 12 September 2008

Salsa and Friday

Salsa was lots of fun last night. Learned the cross body lead last night. It gave me some difficulty initially but it all worked out in the end. It occurred to me that the one in a million chance of having excess men in a Salsa class last week was something to do with the Fates hedging there bets regarding the LHC's start-up earlier this week, just in case the tall odds against something happening were beaten. Last night there were more women than men- All is right with the world once more...

Going to go home early and build my PC. Have to think of a name for it. I'm reticent to name it a girl's name; at least two of my friends have called their sets of computers girls names (Kevin and Steve). If I had 3 internal hard disks in RAID array I would call it the 6 harmonies, they could be the external harmonies, the CPU could be Yi1, the motherboard Qi and the RAM Li2.

Back to training tonight, it has been a couple of weeks since I did my 2000 punches in low stances, but on the upside I can do 5 minutes in low horse now :)

1To the best of my knowledge Yi means intention or will to act- Unfortunately the internet is not forthcoming with direct links about it [at a cursory search]
2The chinese for strength apparently [I did not do a proper search for this one of laziness]3

3My next skill to learn is linking within a document- I'd prefer it much more to basic numerical references

-Mairtin at his nerdiest were it not for the salsa of course...
[EDIT: I have decided to go with calling my computer "Dhá Meabhair"; the Irish for "Two Minds"]

No comments:

Post a Comment