Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Episode IV: The Church Strikes Back

Previously on The Trouble with Máirtín: I was approached and incensed thrice by the Christian.

[Fade to black and cue theme musici over montage of Máirtín being clumsy, looking innocent beside kitchen mishaps and getting thrown to the ground over and over again by Fergal]

Currently on The Trouble with Máirtín... [Fade in]

I was nearing the end of my morning meditation. Nice. And. Relaxed.

The door nearest to me opens. A bespectacled smiling head appears. Armed with a pamphlet, her opening words were: "Hi. I have not seen you in a while... I'm sorry I should introduce myself my name is XXXXXX.ii What is your name?"

My thoughts in order:
"Ah. Another archeriii"
"Why the hell is she talking to-"
"Oh, it's her."
"......"

Within scant seconds of the Christian's appearance I experienced a rollercoaster of emotions. By the time she had asked my name I had settled on inexpressible annoyance.

"I don't want to talk to you."

Still smiling she said,"OK", turned tail and left. I was very surprised by how easily that went.

Nonetheless, I was rather agitated after she left. My meditation buzz had been wrecked, so I still have a ways to go before I am unperturbable.

Mairtin's Monologue
It occurs to me, much like when classic movie trilogies get other films tacked on to them,iv that the latest addition is lame; Anticlimactic. And just seems to cash in on the success of its predecessors.
*********

iiI am not protecting her identity, by the time she got to saying her name all I could hear was white noise, owing to how annoyed I felt seeing her again.

iiiI was sharing the hall space with a guy from archery at the time

ivIndiana Jones, Die Hard and Star Wars are the only ones that come to mind at the moment- In fairness, Die Hard 4 was not that bad, just not on par with what came before.

3 comments:

  1. At least she left you alone when you told her, maybe your Blue Steel scared her off....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger Mairtin McNamara said...

    Left me alone *this* time. Last time, I told her never to come near me again. In no uncertain terms. Boils. My. Blood.

    ReplyDelete