Search This Blog

Friday 7 November 2008

Salsa and miscelleny

Went to Salsa last night. It was not in the usual place, as it was taken for a Christmas party. The new place was a town hall of sorts. High, open ceiling, stage up front. Our warm-up was stepping to a rather poppy salsa track, with a rather 80s air to it. It made me think that we were in "Fame!", any minute someone in leg warmers and a leotard would come jumping from the stage.

Complicated stuff for my improver's brain last night... Started with a hand switch, ladies turn, cross body lead, lead around turn with us side to side facing the same direction. I step back on to the line and turn girl with arms crossed. I do a turn on 1, without letting go of the hands,so my right hand is against my left shoulder bladed with the girls right, I flick with her hand with my elbow and catch it in my right the right way round. hair comb, cross body lead onto turn and I turn clockwise leading her hand to my shoulder and I complete the turn finishing closed. At least I think it is what it was supposed to be..

On my way to salsa, I was walking over Leeson St Bridge and there was a restaurant barge in the lock. A group of girls were walking by:

Girl 1: "Aw that is so cool. We have to go on that some night."
Girl 2: "Yeah so we can freeze our balls off."

Classic stuff...


No comments:

Post a Comment